Getting into college can be a big challenge for many. Getting into a college of your choice? Definitely requires a lot of hard work and focus.
Once one reaches high school, they need to start thinking about college. It is not something one can do over night. There are a number of steps and procedures involved like:
- Deciding which stream you want to get into – like medical, software, mechanical, etc
- Finding out what are the various courses available in the field of your choice
- Finding out which college offers which of these courses
- Finding out which college is better than which for the course of your choice (just because a college in your list is top ranked, need not necessarily mean it is the best for the course you have chosen)
- What are the various requirements for this particular course and what are the subjects you should have covered
- The various entrance exams you need to clear and the cut off marks to aim for
- When are the application forms given out and what are the due dates to submit them
- What are the other requirements apart from your grades and SAT scores to get qualified for this particular college
- What else can help you get more recognition than others who have applied
Once you find out these details you will have to start preparing and working towards getting a good SAT score to qualify for the college. Getting a good score is not as easy as scoring well at school. One may have to enroll into extra classes and also have a SAT tutor to help you score well.
A specialized tutor may sound unnecessary as the course details, the portions, sample question papers, etc are available online. But this tutor can help you focus better on area that really matter and teach you a few tricks to answer the questions better.